Losing a loved one in your life can be one of the most difficult things to do. The finality of death is sure to cause you a great deal of mental anguish when it comes to losing a person you loved. However, funeral arrangements will have to be made, and you'll want to know the least stressful way to approach this situation during this distressing time. By knowing tips to aid you in planning your loved one's funeral, you will be better equipped to do so.
Tip #1: Budget for the funeral
The first thing you will want to consider is the amount of money you have to bury this person. The average cost of a traditional funeral is $6,000–$9,000.
However, these costs will typically include all of the services listed below:
- The embalming of the body for preservation purposes or a cremation if this is preferred.
- A visitation to the funeral home by family members and friends.
- Formal funeral services
- A hearse to take the body to the gravesite.
- Other miscellaneous fees you may incur along the way
If you're on a strict budget, you should be more mindful to keep these costs closer to $6,000 to help you save money.
Tip #2: Type of service
One thing you should consider when having a funeral service for your loved one is how you'd like the service to be. Do you prefer a traditional service or a more modern one? Regardless, it's ideal to consider some of the things listed above when planning a funeral:
- Whether you will have a speaker at the service and who this will be.
- The type of music you would like to have played and if this is live music or prerecorded. Additionally, you should strongly consider some of the music types this individual enjoyed in life.
- Floral arrangements that can help make the funeral service more attractive. It's ideal to stick with coordinated colors if possible and keep in mind the arrangement on top of the casket may be one of the pricier ones.
- You may want to set up a website where people can give donations in memory of your loved one.
The key to having the funeral that best suits the needs of this person is by utilizing particular things this individual enjoyed in life. Be sure to consult with the funeral home in your area like Bolton & Lunsford Funeral Homes for assistance in this matter.